round and round...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is it really true?

Is Michael Jackson dead? I've heard conflicting reports. Coma? Maybe?

I'd like to say I'm saddened by the news... but I can't. I'm interested in it and I'm a little weirded out by it, but there's no sadness hiding in there anywhere. Not sure if that makes me callous or if it's just a distressing statement about our celebrity obsessed culture.

If the MJ of the 70s, the MJ of the Jackson Five had died I'd be sad. But, the 2009 Wacko Jacko died. Somehow that's just strange.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

I agree. The early MJ was awesome, but the one of the last 20(?) years was weird and disgusting.

6/25/2009 07:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Bright-Eyes rambles...

I don't think he was disgusting.

In fact, I never met him, so I can't say either way.
I DO know that there are plenty other people in the world who actually ARE disgusting and aren't making art and aren't amazing performers, and aren't super talented.
I do know that there are disgusting people making laws that limit people's freedom.
I do know that there are disgusting people abusing children.
I also know that the media in this country is out of control, and the people more out of control for believing everything they see on TV.
BUT I do not know anything about Michael Jackson except that he was extraordinary always, talented to infinity, and will be remembered and loved forever.

6/27/2009 11:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

We watched VH1 CLassic on Friday - they played all MJ videos. We danced around the house with the baby and loved reliving our fond memories of the Michael Jackson of the past. His recent larger than life persona was so ultimately bizarre that it's hard for me to mourn his human loss. He became something bigger and stranger than simply an amazingly talented man a long time ago. But his music? I will always cherish that.

6/29/2009 11:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home